Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Super Junior

The postman woke me up today with a lovely package! A few weeks back, I made a pre-order for Super Junior's Boys in City 4 - Paris photo book and also ordered their 6th album, Sexy, Free & Single. It was a birthday present to myself and I had been secretly thinking of getting it when they had announced the photo book earlier on. The photo book was released last week and I got a notice that it shipped on Thursday. Took less than a week to get to me! I was really surprised~!

I ordered through YesAsia since they offered free shipping and somehow it ended up being a lot cheaper than other sites. The cover price of both items were marked up, but it somehow ended up being cheaper because of the free shipping. Other sites killed my shopping cart with their explosive EMS and air mail rates @_@;;!! Although when I received the photo book and album, I realized why the shipping was through the roof! The weight of the books combined were 3.5kg, (about 8 lbs).
I didn't bother taking pictures of the packaging, since it was plain, but the books had 2 layers of bubble-wrap protection and there were no dents or bent corners.

Moving on~~!
Say hello to Sword-bean Shiba!
S.J. in the house!
I purposely ordered the Type A version of Sexy, Free & Single after a lot of contemplation. The album was released back in July and I've held off on getting it because I wasn't sure which version I wanted. There were 3 (@__@;;)! They sure know how to take a fan's money since each version had great extras that the other versions didn't have.
The Paris photo book was released on Super Junior's 7th anniversary (Nov.6th) and is a collection of photos of all the members on their days off when they weren't performing for their concert; which happened earlier this year.

Excuse some of the weird lighting for some of the pictures. I took some pictures during the day time, and others at night at my desk. >_<;

Silver text!
 Let's start with their 6th album! There were 10 random different text color versions of this album, the original is with red text, but I'm quite happy I got the silver one. I was hoping to get silver or gold since it stands out better on the blue background. The album is a hardcover photo book (84 pages) and the main concept for the photos was natural...handsome...flower...boys? (^o^*);;
I can't quite figure it out, but I do like the concept. 

Leeteuk

Yesung
I think my favourite picture from the photobook is Yesung. He looks completely different and I didn't know it was him when they first released his teaser back in July. Plus...he's rocking out his look! He has branches on his head!! (*o*@;:)!!
Leeteuk has a really nice series of photos too.  I was really fascinated with his hair accessory and the make up they did for him. Most of all the members look completely different in this album, at first you can't really recognize them easily.

I think the only shots I don't like are Siwon's. The styling make him look like an odd version of John Galliano and it just doesn't do anything for me. (o_o);
  


Siwon
Kyuhyun!
The trend with k-pop albums is that they come with collectible photo cards. However, it's all distributed randomly and you don't know who you'll get. I like all the members of Super Junior, although I'm a bit biased towards a couple of them. I have to praise the photo card gods, since I ended up getting Kyuhyun, who is my favourite member in the group!! (*O*)! I had a 10% chance of getting his card so I was super surprised and thrilled when I turned the card over to see it was him! The back of the card has the text, Sexy, Free & Single and Kyuhyun's digitized signature on it. 

The back is where you can find the CD and it's just a slot in the back where the CD can be pulled out.

Boys in City 4 - Paris
Onwards to the photo book now! I pre-ordered the normal version which came with an extra postcard book and the poster. The special version came with an extra poster and some other stuff along with a behind the scenes DVD. I only wanted the book, so I opted to go with the normal one. There was an option to get the poster shipped in a tube on another site, but YesAsia wasn't offering that, so that's why I ended up with the folded poster. 

BIC4 Post card book
I'll start with the postcard book! It has 20 different postcards featuring the members individually and as a group and they're perforated so that you can detach them from the book to use as postcards. The back of each card has the corresponding members signature digitally printed. They resolution/print quality is great and they are printed on nice card stock. I don't think I would have the heart to use one!

Boys in City 4 Paris!
The photo book is hardcover and a little bit over 350 pages! The eye candy...!!
The inside has many comments from all the members through the pages. I can only read the English parts of the book since my Korean literacy rate is quite non-existent. I think if I got the Japanese version I probably would have been able to read it...!

Candid
Yesung
The book is separated into 6 parts to highlight the different locations and areas they were photographed at. It's nice to see some of the sights and areas they were at since my sister and I were in Paris a couple years ago. Only minor drawback is that many of the photos have a 'staged' feeling to them, especially if they're indoors, but it doesn't make the photos less appealing. I actually like the odd candid shots when they're not focused on the camera. When they're out and about in the city many of the photos are of them staring off into the distance and it looks like they're absorbing and taking in as much of Paris as they can.

Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and photographer Leeteuk
There's a series of shots with Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk, where Leeteuk is being the photographer. The shots are really funny, cute, and oddly amusing since a photographer is taking a picture of them taking pictures of each other.

So handsome! *o*
 I won't post too many photos of the book itself. That would spoil it for whoever wants to buy it. I know people have already scanned and uploaded a large portion or the whole photobook online already and fans have complained about it; that it ruined the element of surprise for them. I tried to avoid it as much as possible and it worked out well.
I'm really happy with this purchase!

Super Junior, Fighting!

4 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWWW
    I love this photobook!
    Everything looks so good @____@

    & haha at the postcards, THEY SHOULD NEVER BE USED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I KNOW!! You can come over sometime to molest it! Don't drool on it please. Thanks. XD!
      I know, just by making them, they're going to be the book forever! How could I use them?! Except maybe the one that's just a Parisian building...LOL

      Delete
  2. OMG that was some epic fast shipping LOL! I really love the book! The classy cover, postcards extra and the styles of the photos are just my type! ♥ Feel so tempted to buy one too! I think if Heechul is in it I'd have grabbed it already since everyone I like from SuJu would be inside! Don't know if Heechul not being in it would be considered lucky for me or not... though there's still Lee Teuk and the others... URGH! OTL

    And damn, speaking of lucky, you're really lucky with the photocard!! Wish I had your luck! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I was hoping and expecting it to come this week, but I'm really glad it came before I left for my trip!! ♥ I know...! The overall styling and concept for the photo book is lovely! Don't be tempted!! But I suppose you could always think about getting the previous 3 photobooks...they would definitely have Heechul in it. O_O; Iron...will? LOL XD Does that apply to fandoms/k-pop?

      I know...I'm REALLY surprised I got Kyu!! I'm really happy though! ♥

      Delete